Saturday, November 8, 2008

my birthday!

I don't have pictures of this yet but it has been a week since I posted so I feel like I should write something. I had the best birthday! Usually I can figure out what I'm getting but not this year. Jake planned a "surprise" party for me with family and friends out at the "ranch". The weather was perfect. I had the traditional DQ ice cream cake (a must for my birthday). I was blessed with enough Starbucks cards to last me a loooooooooong while. Thank you Jake for putting the Starbucks plug in. I love it and I love you! The biggest surprise was the PIANO that Jake and the Beans got for me. I've wanted a real piano for ever and was not expecting to get one for a long time. It's one of those, sometime in my life I would like... blank, gifts. It's amazing and out of tune but I love it! Anyone know of a good tuner? Around or less than $100? 

My MIL has some great pictures from the night that I will post asap. Meanwhile, I will keep finding fun and interesting things to do so I can have something to blog about. I feel a bit like a "fake" blogger. :) 

Here are 2 from our camera. The good ones are on Nancy's camera. 

Do I look 28?

Jake and the girls, Sadie Grace and Addison.

3 comments:

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

It was a fun birthday! I'm glad you had such a great day. Avalon and I love Starbucks dates, so let us know when you're going sometime :)

Craig said...

glad to hear about the piano! I guess we can expect a rousing christmas caroling lead by Aly when you come to Canada?! Starbucks and ice cream...hard combo to beat, eh?
Happy B-day!

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

I'm turning 29!!! Wow how time has flown since we first met! I am super excited about your piano!!! I would think someone at the college would be able to tune it for "cheap". Have a great and wonderful day :)