Tuesday, March 10, 2009

camping

We went on a last minute camping trip to Mineral Wells State Park.  It was our first camping trip as a family... well, actually as a married couple too.  I can't believe it either!  It was so much fun and Addie did so well that we'll be doing it a lot more.  The weather was perfect.  No bugs, no hot sun.  

Addison definitely got more sleep than Jake or I.  We tossed and turned quite a bit.  It was just a little creepy when the wind blew.  I was next to the "wall" and the wind kept blowing the tent gently over and it would touch me... creepy!  Anyway, I made up for lost sleep the next day.  

We had a pretend fire in the bbq (fire ban), ate big macs for dinner (forgot the cooler...), and mickey d's for breakfast too! (barf!), went on a big hike and saw tons of deer.  Can't wait to do it again!





4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

hey, if you eat fast food...i'm not sure that qualifys as camping!

April :) said...

Love the pictures! Addie is adorable in her pink hat and looks so old in these photo's. Glad you guys had a great time :)

Lindsay said...

sounds like fun...all but micky d's...can't stand the stuff. but otherwise great fun. reese is standing over my shoulder right now saying "baby" while pointing to addie. so cute.

alicia kristine said...

so brave girl! theorangefrog101@hotmail.com