Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September

Let's just say I took the summer off... and now we're moving on.

This month my baby turned 2! I can't believe how big she is. So grown up. She is definitely our little princess. Such a beautiful, sweet girl and I feel so lucky to have her!
It's finally "fall" in Texas (which means it's not so hot you can't go outside). It's amazing... I LOVE the weather now. It's worth living here through the heat of summer for the weather the rest of the year.

Getting ready for Christmas cards. Here is one of our family photos by the McGurrens. We can't wait to see the rest of them!
Last weekend we went to the state fair of Texas with some friends from lifegroup. It was the one hot day we've had in a while but still a lot of fun! I had my first hand-dipped corn dog (mmmm) and Jake had his first taste of fried butter and chicken fried bacon. Both of which make me want to vomit. Blech!
Got together with some of the girls at the park on Monday to let the kids run wild. Just so happens the park is next to the fire station and a friend knew one of the firemen. He let the kids climb around the fire truck, honk the horn, and spray the hose! It was a dream come true for the older boys. What a fun surprise!

5 comments:

Cyndi Davis said...

I love that Addie is putting her sunglasses on in that picture. Always looking stylish!!!

Colby, Pennie, Cade and Claire Langford said...

so glad to see you're back!

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Can't say enough how much I love the picture at the top of your blog. Welcome back to blogland.
We didn't get a family picture of you all. Maybe the McGurrens?

teamwilhite said...

Good job Alison! Way to be a come back blogger!!!

alicia kristine said...

new blog banner is precious... glad to see you are up again;)