Monday, May 20, 2013

little Beans


Addison is 5 1/2. She likes you to know about the 1/2 because it means she's older than 5. She also likes to know who she's older than. Here's a picture of her at Hayden Davis' 3rd birthday riding the princess pony, who also happens to be a boy. I was still unloading the car when I looked up and she was already riding around the yard on the horse! She doesn't have a shy bone in her body. I guess I handed all those down to Avery. Avery clung to me a bit when we first got there. I had to get on the horse with her! That was kind of fun because I haven't been on a horse in a LONG time, if ever. Does a donkey or a pony count?

Addie is a sweet sweet girl and usually thinks of others first, except when she's planning her birthday, which is at least one to two times a day. Her birthday is in September...My least favorite sound is one her sisters taught her and that is to shriek at the top of her lungs. I guess I knew girls would scream but I was hoping it wouldn't be this early. ;)


It's hard to think of new words she says or new things because it feels like she's been talking for ages and saying all kinds of big words 5 year olds shouldn't know. Something funny she said the other day is, "Mom, pickle and doohickle rhyme." Me - "What's a doohickle?" Addie - "Doohickle is another word for car". hahaha...


I'm almost as excited as she is about kindergarten starting in the fall. The girl needs something to do constantly and I am running out of ideas. She definitely keeps me on my toes. I think I will be a little sad to see her off that first day though. 


Oh, Avery Kate. She's my sweet, sensitive, quiet one. She literally repeats everything Addison says. And right now Addison is speaking in caveman, so hopefully Avery will learn how to speak proper English... 

On the other hand Avery is quite "persistent" or "determined"... If something doesn't go the way she wants she's sure to let me know. I really think this quality will be helpful in the future. Right now it just means that she runs around without clothes most of the time because I don't want to fight with her. If we have to be somewhere at a specific time we are usually late. I'm learning to let a LOT of stuff go and hopefully God is making me a better person because of it. Hopefully... :) 


Alivia is doing lots of really cute things these days. Here's a picture of when she first started sitting up. She's been doing that for a little while now. She isn't crawling but she likes to roll around and stick her butt in the air. I'm perfectly fine with her being immobile. My hands are full as it is. 

She also decided to eat solids. Our first attempt was around 6 months and she wanted nothing to do with it. I thought I'd be nursing for the rest of my days. Well, she still nurses but at 8 months she eats a LOT. It's kind of amazing. She seems so big now that she can pick up food and eat it. :( I'm not ready for her to be big.

I have to mention that her first word is mama. I think she means, Feed me, but she says mamamama. She also says dada and a few other sounds that are incredibly adorable. She knows how to "clack" her tongue and rolls her r's, especially when she's done being patient.






3 comments:

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

All such sweet, beautiful girls. Fun to see their different personalities. Can't believe Addie is heading to Kindergarten in the fall! At least that will give you time to teach Avery English ;)

Cyndi Davis said...

Love those sweet girls (and their momma too)! Avery and H need to hang out more so I don't feel embarrassed when H is running around naked... silly girls!!!

Rachel said...

Love the update even though its a couple months old. Your girls sound so sweet and funny and cute!!!! Hope you are having a great summer!!!!