
Friday, October 24, 2008
Homecoming
I'm sad to say that I didn't have my camera for this occasion... because to me, it was priceless. We met some friends at the WHHS Homecoming game in Fort Worth last night. Being Canadian, I have not experienced homecoming, let alone Texas homecoming. I also have to admit that football was not on the forefront of my mind. The most memorable part, besides Addison sitting still in our laps for an hour (that was monumental), was the MUMS. I know it's not a big deal to anyone here but step back and look and what they are. They are HUGE. :) Kids pin these to the front of their jackets and they hang down to the ground. WHHS colors are green and gold but here is a big white one I found online. These go for $150-160! High school is going to be expensive here. I better start saving.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to Texas! The all white and silver mums are for seniors ONLY! Making mums for a huge source of income for me all through high school. And I secretly still love all that stuff. People go crazy with them and some times spend well over $200. My senior mum, which I made myself, have lights, music and picture (in little white frames, of course). But it is a Texas thing. When we lived in NC people were shocked by my year books which displayed girl after girl wearing mums that covered their entire bodies. Oh, the joys of high school football! And how I miss it.
i loved my homecoming days!!
i always had HUGE, amazing mums!
it was so much fun.
the good thing is, usually the girl's date buys it for her.
oh- but wait, she can't date till she's 30, so you may be having to buy it!!! LOL
miss yall
Yeah.. Homecomings in Texas are amazing!!! You are creative.. I am sure you can make some major money off this season. It is a contest to see who has what. My date's mom made mine and since I was a band nerd in high school and was drum major she replicated my uniform onto a teddy bear. It was amazing how big that thing was. I have a picture somewhere.. I'll send it to ya :)
wow. i've never ever seen anything like it. um...wow.
-kelly
Post a Comment