Sunday, November 16, 2008

62 cents!

Today I picked up the Fort Worth Star Telegram for the first time. I spent $1.50 so that I could get the books of coupons in there. I've never been much for coupons for a few reasons. People with coupons have always taken so long in the grocery line. And I never did get into it because I thought it had to be so inconvenient and time-consuming. Anyway, Lindsay inspired me after telling me she got over $80 worth of groceries for under $10. What?! I know. I took her advice and ventured out on my own today. I got a bag of sugar (regular $2.59) for 62 cents! It felt like robbery. I also went to another store and saved over $10 (50% of my bill). I'm so amateur at this but I like how it makes me feel and I like saving all that money. Doesn't that mean I can spend it on things that are more fun... like clothes, shoes, starbucks, my hair. :) I like where this is going. Thanks Lindsay! I need lots of help so keep the tips coming. You rock!

4 comments:

April :) said...

My mom & I also sat down today with Star-Telegram and clipped coupons!!! I've never thought that it would be worth it either but I was surprised at the coupons I found. I was also surprised there were soooo many :) I'll be getting my deals later on this week!!

Colby, Pennie, Cade and Claire Langford said...

you make me laugh!
HA

teamwilhite said...

Ok I like the way you are thinking...about spending the money saved on other things! I have had those same thoughts!!! I bought a paper yesterday, but I'll admit I am feeling a little overwhelmed :)

Lindsay said...

So I know this is old news, but I'm just now reading it. I am so proud of you. It should start getting easier as the time goes on and you'll also get a lot more deals as the time goes on. Oh, and by the way...five bucks for a turkey is great. I paid five and a half for mine! Great job saving money. Watch out though, it gets to be a game and sometimes I spend way too much time with my coupons. Brandon has called my coupon file my boyfriend a couple of times. He he he.