Saturday, October 30, 2010

Addie's first time ice skating

cute thing my friend Amy made for Avery's room.

All ready to go! I wasn't sure she would like it because she whined while I put her skates on. She was all smiles once I got the right size!

A little wobbly at first. She did really well for her first time. A lot of 3 year olds can't stand up on their own the first time. It's harder than it looks!

Mean mommy or good coach? All she wanted was for me to "help" her. She meant carry her, hold her hand, help her up. But she was proud of herself when she did it on her own. Sometimes we need someone to let us figure it out. :) Life lessons from me...

Trying so hard...

giving up? This is when she started flicking ice off of her gloves, kicking her feet and watching other skaters.

Was it fun??? Trying not to force her to like it because I do.


About to lick her gloves. That's me going back onto the ice or I would have stopped her! EW ew ew. Maybe it's not so bad in TX but in Canada the ice is just nasty from hockey players spitting and sweating. ew.

No comments: