Wednesday, April 7, 2010

easter 2010

Easter weekend was busy busy busy but also really fun. On Saturday we met our friends for an Easter candy scramble thing put on by the Benbrook Police Department. It was a big field full of candy! The Easter bunny showed up in a cop car... looked like he had been arrested for something. What? I don't know. Addie and her friend Presley were so cute running around picking up candy. While Presley was chatting with people and walking around, Addie was on a mission. She was weaving in and out and parents to get more candy! Mommy was very proud and thankful since I didn't think it would be appropriate if I grabbed for my own piece of candy. :) Thanks Addie!

Katie, Rafe and Presley.

The girls were quite enthralled with Mr. Easter Bunny. They were starstruck.

Sunday morning Addie found an Easter basket on the counter at our house which she calls her big ole chicken bucket. We decided to let her have some chocolate right away which meant she didn't want breakfast. She also didn't want lunch either after munching on more candy later.

We went to an amazing Easter service and then over to Nana's for dinner (which means lunch in Texas). The girls were spoiled with a big egg hunt in the front yard. I'm not kidding when I say she came home with half of a trash bag filled with eggs which were filled with candy. We are now prepared for Halloween and Valentine's Day, maybe even next Easter too. I've never seen so much candy for one little person.

Anyway, had to mention that our little baby girl was not left out of the festivities. She got lots of candy through Mommy. Here's a picture of our beautiful, perfect little girl!

5 comments:

April :) said...

awe love the baby pic of little April...the name is available if you want to name her after me! Cute pics :)

Joel, Keturah, Atlee, Asher and Lars said...

So much fun! You look so pretty. Yeah for baby girl number 2.

Jen said...

So fun, Al! I love seeing your new little one too!
XOOX

Cyndi Davis said...

Good job Addie on the eggs! Love the picture of her with the cowgirl hat... she's becoming more Texan by the day!
Love,love, love the sweet baby girl picture. Can't wait to actually meet her!

Natalie said...

Cute post!!