Saturday, July 31, 2010

more Canada

Dad put in a fire pit the last week we were there and I don't think I've eaten so many marshmallows in my life. It's almost impossible to sit around a fire and not eat them! The cool thing is that it was cool enough to even do this. I love the west coast! Not to mention we didn't get any mosquito bites.

The Bean band picture on our private island. Dad took us for a boat ride over to Tree Island and it was mostly abandoned but there were some other people down the beach. Around the corner was a sandy beach but I'm glad we were here because this side had trees and shade. Could've (and almost did) spent the whole day here if we had more food. One bag of salt n' vinegar chips between us didn't last long.

Another day, another beach. Miracle beach for a fully-clothed swim. It was not cold but not warm either. Luckily this beach goes out for miles and the tide pools left in the sand are warm enough for kids to play in. I had attempted to keep Addie's skirt dry but I gave up and this is what happened! Sometimes you just have to let go... :)

Addison's uniform for 3 weeks consisted of this and a number of other "ballerina dresses" purchased by Gramma. Here she is "asking" if someone would please "tie me up!"

There are a zillion other pictures from this trip that you can see on facebook. These are just some of my faves. If I try to blog the whole trip who knows all the good blogs you will miss out on!

No comments: