Saturday, February 5, 2011

a few from Canada

This January we took a girls only trip to BC to visit the Canadian relatives. It was me, Addison, Avery and Nana. It was Avery's first time (on the outside) to visit Canada and the first time many of my family and friends got to meet her. She was very cute and charming. She enjoyed being held 24/7 and was thoroughly spoiled.

Addison had a great time too and was old enough to enjoy some truly west coast activities, such as, ice skating, skiing, hiking, hugging trees. We saw the big, old trees at Cathedral Grove on our way to Port Alberni for a hockey game. Oh, how could I forget hockey! I think her favorite part about that was the popcorn. Mine might have been the Starbucks. Yes, they have Starby's in Canada.

Writing this makes me remember more things that we did, like driving home in a blizzard after the hockey game. Haven't done that in a while.
  

 And going skiing at Mt. Washington. The first day was freeeezing. It felt like Alberta. The next day was amazing. The sun even peeked out in the afternoon. Sun in BC in the winter is kind of a big deal. :)  Addie did great and really liked skiing the first day. Day 2 not so much. By the time she got her rentals, went potty, and got her skiis on she was done. She cried through much of that and then when we were about to ski she fell and I fell over her and my legs went spread eagle and I got stuck! It was so embarrassing! haha. She was crying and I was trying to get someone to help us. After that we sat in the lodge till it was my turn to ski with the big kids. Maybe we'll try again next year. Except next time Daddy can take her.

No comments: