Our sweet Avery Kate just turned one and a half this month! She continues to grow and grow at a steady rate. She has remained at the 90th - 93rd percentile for weight and height. Actually when she was really little she was teeny but that didn't last long. She loves to eat. I think it was around the time I started giving her formula and solid foods that she beefed up.
Avery's personality is really starting to show now too. She is her own little person. She adores her big sister but is a lot different than her. She is a little shy and super sweet. She is also very determined and a little stubborn. She can hold her own. I don't like to compare my daughters all the time but it's hard not too. Like when Addie went to the doctor she always let the doctor do whatever he needed to do. She did not care. Avery cares. She will let you know when she doesn't like something. She did not make this appointment easy for anyone. :)
Avery is saying a lot of words now and repeating everything her sister says. I might be the only one who understands some of what she says but she is saying something. My favorite words that she says are pipple, for pickle. Buttbull for buckle. Moy for more. Sheeoo for shoe. And COW whenever we see a cow out the car window. She won't let a cow go by without a moo.
Avery likes to help and she likes to clean. She likes to be clean. She has been caught on her hands and knees wiping the floor numerous times. She helps push the laundry into the dryer. She hands me the clean dishes from the dishwasher to put away. She also tries to hand me the dirty ones. I think she thinks the dishwasher should always be empty. And the girl will purposely dump out the "art box" just so we can put back all 1000 crayons, markers and pencils. This is such a great quality that I plan on developing in her until she figures me out.
Today I laid her down for her nap and she didn't fuss at all without her pacifier so I snuck out. Much to my surprise she fell asleep without it! She has been a pacifier lover her whole life so I was amazed. I had thought about weaning her off of it several times and never had the courage to just do it. Maybe this is her way of telling me it's time? She also went to bed tonight without it. No fuss. Yay!
She is growing up too fast! Soon she will be the big sister. :( Not sure if I'm ready for that. I want her to know how much she is loved! We love you so much Avery Kate! You are such a sweet, special, cute little thing. You always make us laugh. Muah!
2 comments:
You guys have some beautiful girls...inside and out!!!
love it!
Post a Comment