It's a little overdue but I still wanted to write about Easter. First, we got to see our nephew Harlan. He is 8 months old already! He is such a ham and loves to say cheeese for the camera. Actually he loves to smile anytime. He's such a happy boy! His parents are doing a great job.
The girls got new dresses and shoes from Gramma and Papa. They looked SO cute! We got up and went to church at 7:30am this year. I'm glad we did because the later services were so packed that they had to turn 200+ people away (or more). Time to get that new building started.
Addison really gets the meaning of Easter now. She knows about Jesus dying on the cross and coming back to life. Not to minimize her enthusiasm for the Easter bunny and chocolate. That seems to evoke some serious excitement.
Next stop was Nana's house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. We got to see Zed, Stephanie, Lexi and Ella. Addie and Ella are finally at the age where they just love to hang out and play. They are so sweet.
Addie is checking out her loot. If you are looking hard enough you'll see that she got a pill box... that's not for pills. :) She was really interesting in bugs after studying them at preschool so the Easter bunny brought her something to put her little bugs in. I'm fine with this as long as that's where they stay. No opening said bug container in the house please. She and Daddy managed to fill up 5 sections shortly after.
My sweet Avery was loving the candy but wasn't super into finding it. I'm sure next year she will understand better.
Best grandkid picture I got on my phone. I'm sure there are better out there. Here are the fabulous 5, soon to be 6.
I have to admit this is about a week after Easter... but we didn't want the glitter and eggs to go to waste so we had a delayed egg decorating time. Addison loves anything crafty and anything glittery and anytime she gets to use glue. I love that she loves it.
There aren't really words for this picture... haha
Her eggs didn't survive very long.
Random cute picture from her buddy Hayden's birthday party. My second child officially has a sweet tooth. She comes by it honestly.
Short story... I was sharing my slushie with her and obviously she thought it was hers. She should be happy I even shared right?! I had to pry it from her hands whenever I wanted a sip at which point she would lose her mind. Next I tried letting her hold it and asking for a sip of MY OWN slushie. She was a little happier about this arrangement. Note to self... get her her own cup.







1 comment:
That's why B thinks Addie is such a great girl, she's girlie but likes bugs too! :)
Hehehe... love the slushie story.
Post a Comment